Sapodilla is known for its non allergic properties and can be introduced as first foods to baby. Sapodilla is rich in potassium, copper, iron and vitamins like folate, niacin and pantothenic acid. In this video we have brought a guide for the parents how to introduce Sapodilla to their babies. The video guides on various forms and ways in which a Sapodilla can be given to their child.
Happy Motherhood ! Happy Parenting !
Here is the video!
Here is more on the ‘Sapodilla to Baby’:
Sapodilla which is also known as Chickoo, Sapota, Noseberry, Mudapples should be introduced to baby between the ages of 6-8 months. Sapodilla is easy to digest and can be introduced in form of puree and later on as finger food and sapodilla smoothie/shake. Sapodilla is rich in minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, copper, selenium, zinc and anti oxidants.
Following things you may need while introducing/serving sapodilla to baby:
Mash and Serving Bowl
Baby Food Feeding Bottle to offer Puree
Fruit and Vegetable Nibbler
Baby Food Blender
Baby High Chair
Baby Feeding Bowl
Baby Cotton Napkins
Always remember these things while offering sapodilla to baby:
- Choose ripe sapodilla when serving to baby.
- Choose soft sapodilla as baby is unable to digest hard sapodilla.
- Do not offer left over sapodilla to baby.
- Always de-seed and peel the sapodilla before serving to baby.
- Discontinue to feed if baby shows any kind of allergy symptoms and try after some days again.
References & Sources
- Centre for Agriculture and Bioscience International
To keep us motivated to bring you more videos on parenting, baby care & pregnancy health, do comment below and share with other parents!