Yogurt has many nutritional values, for detailed information on the nutritional values of Yogurt, see the video below. Besides, Yogurt can be introduced to the baby after six months as a semi solid food.
Read more on baby foods in the Baby Foods section.
Benefits of Yogurt to Babies.
- Rich source of calcium, potassium & vitamin D. With these properties, the yogurt helps your baby to have stronger & healthy bones and teeth.
- Light at digestive properties, the yogurt is digested easily by the baby.
Yogurt is a supplemental food for the lactose intolerant babies.
- Yogurt help in treating and avoiding symptoms of diarrhoea among the children.
- Yogurt contains the probiotics which helps to have healthy gut and improved digestion system in the babies.
- Yogurt also helps insomnia in children and helps baby fall asleep at times.
- Yogurt helps in treating urinary tract infections (UTIs) in children.
- With improved digestive system, the yogurt helps babies have better immune system.
- Yogurt is significantly helpful in treating hepatitis and jaundice cases.
André Marette, Eliane Picard-Deland; Yogurt consumption and impact on health: focus on children and cardiometabolic risk, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 99, Issue 5, 1 May 2014, Pages 1243S–1247S, https://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.113.073379
Feeding patterns and diet – children 6 months to 2 years: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services National Institutes of Health. [online] Medlineplus.gov. Available at: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000713.htm
Melissa A. Fernandez, Mauro Fisberg, André Marette,Chapter 28 – Role of Yogurt in the Nutrition and Health of Children and Adolescents, Editor(s): Nagendra P. Shah,Yogurt in Health and Disease Prevention, Academic Press, 2017, Pages 491-505,
ISBN 9780128051344, https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-805134-4.00028-6.